Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Banshee Sleeping Bag
- Ultralight quilt transforms into a sleeping bag for backpacking
- Lofty, compressible 850-fill down has a 20F temperature rating
- Light, durable ripstop treated with DWR for rugged water-resistance
- Full-length zipper works with cinching drawcords help keep out drafts
- Compression stuff sack and mesh storage bag included
- Item #NEM008U
- Q & A
Warm, Fiddly Zipper
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I've carried this quilt/bag on several trips now, and overall, I'm quite happy with it. It's warm (tested down into the low 40's and I was warm), it compresses down super small, and I like the versatility of being able to use it as a quilt or a bag. The zipper is small and a little fiddly, though - it's easy to get it caught on the baffles. This isn't a huge problem if you're planning on using it in "bag-mode" when you go to sleep, but if you start the night with it half zipped as a footbox quilt and then want to zip it up in the middle of the night, it's takes a bit of practice to learn how to hold your hand so it doesn't get caught in the dark.
Took this thing out to Death Valley for a weeklong Fall Camping trip and it was awesome!!!
take 20% off coupons from coupon-code.info