Select style & size:Select options
Don't let wind get between you and your coffee.
Asking you to do anything more than lie in your sleeping bag and grunt before you've had your morning coffee is asking too much, so don't take any morning chances; you can be sure a little wind won't thwart your java fix when you bring the MSR WindBurner 1.8L Stove System along on your next backcountry adventure.
MSR incorporated its Radiant burner, which is impervious to gusts and altitude, and put it in an enclosed windproof system that will quickly and efficiently boil water whether you're sitting on a windy ridge or making hot drinks at a sheltered campsite. MSR designed the WindBurner to stow away in the included pot and gave it a secure design that actually locks the system into place, so you don't have to worry too much about the whole shebang toppling over when you sneak away to grab your beans. MSR also made the stove compatible with a grip of accessories, so you can add a coffee press or hanging kit to really sweeten the deal.
- All-in-one stove and cookware design
- Radiant burner
- Windproof design
- Internal pressure regulator
- Burner, fuel, and stand store in pot
- 1.8L pot included with cozy and drink-through lid
- Compatible with MSR WindBurner accessories (sold separately)
- Made in USA
- Item #CAS006J
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is a very fast, efficient burner except for three major design flaws:
1) It doesn't work unless you have a wind proof lighter (how does a $160 stove not have an ignighter???)
2) You have to remove the pot to light it, meaning that you have to try and fit/lock the pot onto a burning stove. Pretty risky, especially when you're wearing gloves.
3) There's no temperature indicator
I'm astounded that MSR let this stove go to market with these flaws--especially 1 & 2.
In summary, if you want the fastest, most efficient stove on the market that's NOT wind proof, buy the MSR windburner. If you want a slightly slower, slightly less efficient stove that IS wind proof, buy a Jetboil.