Select Style & Size
Why We Like The Universal Footprint
Nothing spoils a camping trip like a wet sleeping bag, so we make sure to throw the MSR Universal Footprint down under our tent. This durable footprint provides us with warmth while sealing out moisture.
- Universal footprint for any MSR tent
- DWR and PU taffeta adds durable water- and abrasion-resistance
- Sized for 1 to 3 person tents in either regular or large
- Item #CAS00GK
- 68D polyester taffeta, PU, DWR (1200mm)
- [1-person] MSR Hubba, FreeLite 1, Carbon Reflex 1 Tents [1-person large] MSR Access 1, Thru Hiker Mesh House 1, Zoic 1, Hubba Tour 1 Tents [2-person] MSR Hubba Hubba, FreeLite 2, Carbon Reflex 2, Access 2, Thru Hiker Mesh House 2 Tents [2-person large] MSR Zoic 2, Remote 2, Guideline Pro 2, Hubba Tour 2 Tents [3-person] MSR Thru Hiker Mesh House 3, Mutha Hubba, FreeLite 3, Carbon Reflex 3 Tents [3-person large] MSR Access 3, Hubba Tour 3, Zoic 3, Remote 3 Tents
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 3 years
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
October 22, 2020
- I've used it several times
- Runs small
After purchasing an expensive MSR Access 1, I purchased the footprint as logical move to protect the tent and my investment. The footprint is too small both in in length and width. Quite frankly, there’s no reason for it to have been this small.
September 9, 2020
Get's the job done
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
Seems to do what it's supposed to. Should help keep the floor of the tent in better shape. Not a lot to say about a footprint. The pocket sewn on the edge to store it in is a chore to get it back into but other than that it seems fine.
June 30, 2019
Could be better
- I've put it through the wringer
This footprint fits ok under the Hubba NX but it could fit a bit better. In particular, the footprint is a little small but the straps are too large. I never figured out how to even use the straps or tie them into the tent and rainfly straps.
August 29, 2019
@JohnBell, since I have not used this item with Hubba NX, I can't say for sure the magnitude of size discrepancy you're experiencing, however, I do know that footprints should be 2-3 inches smaller than the tent floor on each side in order to prevent water from pooling on the footprint when rain drips down the fly on each side. Just an unsolicited random thought from me.
April 11, 2019
- I returned this product before using it
Could be lighter.
March 5, 2019
What are the length and width dimensions?
March 11, 2019
Hey Darryl, Here are the dimensions! Universal Footprint 1 Regular Width (Standard) 28 in Length (Standard) 83 in Universal Footprint 1 Large Width (Standard) 32 in Length (Standard) 83 in Universal Footprint 2 Regular Width (Standard) 48 in Length (Standard) 82 in Universal Footprint 2 Large Width (Standard) 51 in Length (Standard) 85 in Universal Footprint 3 Regular Width (Standard) 63 in Length (Standard) 82 in Universal Footprint 3 Large Width (Standard) 69 in Length (Standard) 83 in