Why We Like The Thru-Hiker Mesh House 2
Every ounce that we pack on months-long thru-hikes must be carefully considered, so instead of throwing a three-pound tent in our pack, we make the smart choice and opt for the 14-ounce MSR Thru-Hiker Mesh House 2. Its ultralight design protects from bugs when you go through the High Sierras on the PCT or the muggy Blue Ridge Mountains on the Appalachian trail.
A versatile design allows it to be pitched under MSR's Hiker 70 or 100 Wing (sold separately) when you need protection from bugs and rain, and the non-freestanding design means you'll want to bring trekking poles for an easy setup. The Thru-Hiker comes with six MSR Needle stakes, so you can be sure the shelter's secured before you climb in for the night.
- Ultralight mesh shelter for thru-hikes and big backpacking trips
- Micromesh canopy maximizes ventilation while keeping bugs out
- Xtreme Shield floor sheds mud and resists abrasion
- Non-freestanding sets up with trekking poles or trees
- Compatible with the MSR Thru-Hiker Tarp (sold separately)
- Item #CAS00FK
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov