Why We Like The Front Range Insert
MSR's Front Range Insert is a lightweight way for us to protect ourselves from muddy ground and bugs during warm-weather camping trips. The top, center-pole makes for easy set up with ski or trekking poles or MSR's 5-foot accessory pole (not included). The cone design keeps the mesh off of the rain fly to help prevent drips at night. We also love that the bathtub floor is waterproof to encourage water to leave you alone while you're in your tent, and that the insert can also be used as a standalone shelter for warm, dry weather.
- Ventilating micro-mesh canopy for keeping bugs away at night
- Durable bathtub floor protects from mud and damp weather
- Cone design keeps mesh off of rainfly to eliminate leaks
- Can be a standalone shelter for beach days or backyard bbqs
- Item #MSQ000M
- [mesh] 15D nylon micro-mesh, [floor] 30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Xtreme Shield polyurethane, DWR coating
- ski/trekking poles or 5-foot accessory pole required
- Pole Attachment
- Number of Doors
- sealed floor
- Interior Height
- Floor Dimensions
- 88 x 88in
- Floor Space
- 53.5 sq ft
- Packed Size
- 12 x 5in
- Trail Weight
- 1lb 15oz
- Packed Weight
- 2lb 5oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 3 year
- weekend camping
What do you think about this product?
June 6, 2021
Is this just the tarp, just the inner, or both. Pictures and description infer both, but title does not inspire confidence.
June 8, 2021
Hey Aston, great question! This is only the mesh inset, so you will need to purchase the tarp shelter separately (as well as a separate pole if you don't plan on using trekking poles).