Select Style & Size
Ribbon 150 Boost Fork
Providing more adjustments than virtually any fork, the performance-obsessed riders at MRP created the Ribbon 150 Boost 29in Fork to withstand all-mountain thrashings while serving up a totally custom feel to your specific riding needs and local trail ecosystems. Not only did MRP succeed in this ambitious endeavor of creating a fine-tunable fork for discerning riders and suspension geeks, but they did so while keeping its weight competitively low at only 4.2 pounds in this 29-inch version. This particular Ribbon fork boasts 150-millimeters of terrain-taming travel for your all-mountain and enduro endeavors. BOOST axle spacing makes for precise tracking of the front wheel over rough and rowdy sections of trail, which is especially important for 29ers that are subject to extra wheel deflection.
Seeing that MRP's local trails in Grand Junction, Colorado are some of the most challenging in the country, it makes perfect sense they'd create the Ribbon with 35-millimeter stanchions for reduced flex and stiff tracking over the rough stuff, and at a touch lighter weight than the competition's forks with 36-millimeter stanchions. Interestingly enough, the Ribbon takes its name from an infamous trail in the Grand Junction area, touted as one of the most "unique slab rock trails that's as fast as your bike will permit." This brutal testing ground sets the bar high for the Ribbon's performance, meaning it had to excel on the steepest descents at high speeds, but also make easy working of picking across technical terrain with methodical precision.
The Ribbon's new FulFill air spring gives you the fine-tunable feel of independently adjustable positive and negative air chambers, which is ideal for the rider customizing their fork's operation and feel to near-obsessive realms. Whether you need it to be smooth and supple off-the-top or incredibly supportive, the Ribbon is your fork of choice with its independent air chambers. MRP integrated Ramp Control technology into the Ribbon as well, which means you won't have to add or remove volume spacers ever again. This technology gives you 16-position adjustment with the flick of a knob, tuning your fork's behavior to handle harsh hits where you'd normally bottom out. Another cool feature, MRP integrated PSST valves to bleed out the lowers when drastic changes in elevation and temperature mess with the operation and feel of your fork.
Perhaps its most notable design feature, the Ribbon features a "twin-tube" style damper that's seldom seen on forks, due to its engineering complexity. MRP calls this the EssenTTial damper, which uses a low-pressure internal floating piston (IFP) instead of a bladder to eliminate stiction while improving upon reliability and consistency over the open bath and mono-tube dampers found on the competition. And when it's time to service the fork, the cassette-tool interface along the top cap and external bleed ports make it a relatively quick, easy endeavor.
- Sets the standard in all-mountain customization and feel
- 35mm stanchions for unflappable confidence over rough trails
- EssenTTial twin-tube damper for less stiction, better consistency
- FulFill air spring with independent positive and negative chambers
- 8-position low-speed compression, 16-position Ramp Control tech
- Ramp Control prevents harshness and bottom-outs on big hits
- Cassette tool interface along top cap for servicing ease
- Boost spacing clears 29 x 2.6 and 27.5 x 3.0-inch tires
- Item #MRP000U
- 150 mm
- Stanchion Material
- Lower Material
- Crown Material
- Wheel Size
- 29 in, 27.5+
- Steer Tube Diameter
- 1-1/8 - 1-1/2 in tapered
- Stanchion Diameter
- 35 mm
- 46 mm, 51 mm
- Spring Type
- FulFill independent positive and negative air chambers
- EssenTTial twin-tube damper (low-pressure internal floating piston instead of bladder)
- positive air-spring pressure, negative air-spring pressure, 8-position low-speed compression, 16-position Ramp Control, rebound adjust
- 15 x 110 mm Boost thru-axle with quick-release
- Max Rotor Size
- 180 mm (203 mm with adapter)
- Brake Compatibility
- post-mount disc
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?