Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Backpacking Packs we have in stock.View Similar Products
Watch the miles melt away.
Whether you're fast-packing through Colorado's Front Range or trekking the section of the Appalachian Trail from Falls Village, CT to the Massachusetts-Vermont state line, the Mountainsmith Scream 55 Backpack offers lightweight performance and just enough room for the necessities. Ideal for fast-paced backpacking trips that require a light load, the Scream 55 is outfitted with a myriad of packing-friendly features ranging from its removable, foam suspension sheet to the lightweight and durable Robic fabric.
Weighing in at under three pounds, the Scream features lightly padded shoulder straps and load lifter adjustment points that ensure a fine-tuned fit, while the padded, forward-pull waist belt further alleviates your load. Additionally, the waist belt boasts dual-zipper pockets that are smartphone friendly. An internal hydration sleeve is designed to accommodate a three-liter reservoir, and the roll-top closure makes it easy to access gear in a hurry. Not to mention, the two front storage pockets fit a minimalist tent, and the side mesh pockets store most 32oz water bottles so you can stay properly hydrated.
- Ultralight pack for minimalist backpacking trips
- Removable EVA framesheet offers lightweight support
- Waterproof roll-top closure and J-zip opening for easy access
- FreeFlow ridged EVA back panel is cushy and breathable
- Side compression straps keep load as compact as possible
- Internal hydration sleeve and valve holder on sternum strap
- Accommodates bear canisters of most makes and models
- Double-barrel front storage pocket hold small tent and other gear
- Item #MOU005U
- Q & A
Minimalist backpack with a burlier frame
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The Mountainsmith Scream 55: the ultralight backpack for those who wish to carry more than the bare, 3-season essentials. At 55 liters, it has the capacity needed for a summer thru-hike, and any trips that demand the carrying of heavier loads. See my full gear review I wrote for Dirtbag Dreams here - http://bit.ly/2G0JzRe