Super DS Stretchdown Hooded Jacket
Whether you are heading to the crag for an afternoon of shoulder season sport routes or attempting an early season trad mission, slip on the Mountain Hardwear Super DS Stretchdown Hooded Jacket. This down jacket boasts 700-fill goose down that offers an impressive warmth to weight ratio that keeps you moving up a tricky route, or keeps you warm and cozy while belaying. To handle the rough wear and tear climbing puts on your clothes, as well as keep up with climbers demands for unrestricted movement, the Super DS also features a durable stretch woven nylon outer with woven baffles. This woven construction ensures your down stays in place to trap heat and helps you reach that crimp during a tricky move by giving you full range of motion.
- Puffy midlayer built specifically for excursions in the high alpine
- Stretch woven body offers nonrestrictive movement and durability
- 700-fill goose down offers a solid warmth to weight ratio
- Alpine oriented fit stays comfortable in a harness or as a midlayer
- Zippered hand and chest pocket keep you organized and prepared
- Woven baffles further boosts durability while keeping down in place
- The insulated hood boosts warmth when winds pick up at the crag
- Item #MHW01EY
- 85% nylon, 15% elastane
- 700-fill goose down (90% down, 10% feathers)
- Center Back Length
- 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, backpacking, casual, hiking, ice climbing, mountaineering, sport climbing, trad climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 27, 2020
Not a climber - Almost loved but...
- I returned this product before using it
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 2"
- 210 lbs
I really liked everything about this jacket except for two unfortunate deal-breakers: First, the top of the zipper sits low under your chin and it’s not possible to pull up past your chin/mouth for warmth without continuously holding it up with your glove, which leads to neck/chin chafing in cold weather and makes heat retention & comfort suffer. Second, the hood appears to be designed to only be compatible with a helmet. If you pull up the hood without a helmet on, the front of the hood hangs down so far it blocks nearly all your vision. Everything else about this jacket is great, it fit me perfectly (below the neck at least), sleeve length was spot-on for me (i’m 6’2” with LONG arms and most XL’s and even lots of XXL’s don’t fit me in this specific department), looked great (according to my gf at least) and the fabric is quiet with a nice texture. I realize it’s specifically meant for climbing but i bought it for an all-but-the-coldest-Colorado-weather jacket to wear around town and walking the dog, and i loved it until i zipped it up fully and put the hood on, but had to return it :(