Scrambler 35L Backpack
You heard it here first, folks, the Mountain Hardwear Scrambler 35L Backpack was designed to assist with steep rocky approaches to your favorite crags—to scramble, if you will. This do-it-all climbing pack is made from a durable fabric that's both lightweight and waterproof, delivering protection that won't tire you out on a long hike, and it features plenty of room for all your climbing gear. The Scrambler features a contoured back panel that's ventilated to keep you comfortable on warm, sunny days, with a lightweight frame sheet for additional support. The floating lid and sternum strap can be removed if you want to travel light—you can simply cinch down the top after that to secure your gear—and its stand-up design makes it easy to post up once you get to your goal.
- A lightweight climbing pack for hauling gear to the crag
- Durable, waterproof design defends against the wild outdoors
- Features plenty of loops for additional gear, ice axe, or poles
- Hydration compatible with two side pockets for extra water bottles
- Detachable sternum strap is equipped with a handy whistle
- Compression straps help you consolidate your load for efficiency
- Haul handle ensures easy grabbing when you move to a new route
- Item #MHW01CQ
- Q & A
This bag is nice but NOT Waterproof!!!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Mountain Hardwear, I love you but…
I got this bag specifically to keep my stuff dry while hiking. Not so much from rain but from my own sweat. Yes it's gross, and my family is tired of me pulling out there jackets from my backpack only to have them be damp. When I read the description, "This do-it-all climbing pack is made from a durable fabric that's both lightweight and waterproof", I thought it would be perfect. It was not. It was better than my old bag, (Also Mountain Hardwear), but not good enough to keep. I will be returning this product and trying to find the Mountain Hardwear
Scrambler RT 40 OutDry Pack.