Backcountry fluency for skiers who have earned it.
If your favorite ski days start when the alarm sounds at 5 a.m. and end when twilight falls, look no further, the Mountain Hardwear Rogue Composite Jacket is designed just for you. With fluency in bombing lines in the backcountry and skinning up ridges, its rough and ready construction is eager to send it beyond the bounds of normal. With a burly outer shell and a super-insulated liner jacket you'll never want to stop pushing the boundaries of your ski day.
From the outside in, you'll start by finding an ultra-light 2.5-layer shell that offers mechanical stretch to move with you, this shields you from ice and wind that try to penetrate to your core. Underneath is a Polartec Alpha jacket, with lofty insulation to keep you toasty, and ample pocket space for your beacon, snacks, and essentials. You can access the pockets of the inner jacket through two harness-and-pack-compatible core vents on the shell, that allow for easy heat dumping, and minimal bulk. When the wind gets whipping up you can throw the helmet compatible hood on over top of everything, and cinch it down tightly to keep the storm on the outside, enabling all day warmth in frigid conditions.
- An ultra-light and burly jacket for boosting in the backcountry
- 3-in-1 construction offers versatility of 3 tech pieces in 1 jacket
- Lightweight shell repels water and ice with ease
- Lofty base jacket keeps you warm in frigid conditions
- Harness-compatible vents for rappelling down rock faces
- RECCO reflects your location for boosted avalanche safety
- Helmet compatible hood cinches down to seal out wind
- Powder skirt keeps you dry from snow beneath
- Item #MHW00YJ