Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
At home in the alpine.
When the wind starts gusting close to the summit, you immediately whip the Mountain Hardwear Women's Quasar Lite II Jacket out of your pack. It's so lightweight and packable that you never leave for a climb without it, knowing the waterproof, breathable protection can always come in handy. Even when you put it over your midlayer, the Quasar Lite II doesn't restrict your motion, thanks to the added stretch in the fabric.
The large pockets are placed high to accommodate your pack's waist belt, and feature internal vents that, in addition to the cross-flow tricep vents, work to keep you cool so you don't have to keep playing with your layers. If the weather gets really nasty, throw the hood up over your helmet to seal the bad weather out so you can keep on going up.
- A lightweight shell for alpine pursuits
- Stretch fabric promotes full range of motion
- Waterproof, breathable membrane protects you from the elements
- Helmet-compatible hood blocks the wind
- Cross-flow tricep venting lets body heat escape
- Vented hand pockets are placed high to accommodate harness or backpack
- Slim fit accommodates layers
- Item #MHW011T
- Q & A
Light, Packable, and Highly Breathable
Photo Credit: Fisher Creative
Tested on a 4 day Grand Teton trip with Jackson Hole Mountain Guides