Phantom Hooded Down Jacket
You won't notice the Mountain Hardwear Men's Phantom Hooded Down Jacket packed away when you're hiking into the alpine, but you will notice it missing when you wake up in high altitudes. Morning's frozen dew might keep you cowering in your sleeping bag without this jacket's lofty 800-fill down insulation. An 800-fill rating is one of the loftiest out there, which means this big puffy compresses small and maintains a surprisingly light weight for how warm it is. As if that wasn't appealing enough, Mountain Hardwear treated the down with Q.Shield for hydrophobic properties that retain the puff's lofty warmth in moisture-riddled environments. All of these attributes situate the Phantom as Mountain Hardwear's warmest climbing oriented midlayer.
- Packable and reliable mid layer for any of your alpine excursions
- Ultralight ripstop fabric is durable, reliable, and water resistant
- Water resistant down maintains loft even when wet to keep you warm
- 800-fill down provides an impressive weight to warmth ratio
- Helmet compatible hood
- Two zippered hand pockets can be accessed even with a harness on
- Item #MHW01EX
- Q & A
No Drawstring In Hood
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XL
- Height: 6'
- Weight: 220lbs
When I ordered the Phantom Down Hoody, the description read, "Helmet-compatible insulated hood with drawcord adjustment." Let me be clear. There is no drawstring for the hood. I chatted with Support and had them update the description so it is accurate now. Nice jacket and nice upgrade from the Ghost Whisperer.