Day trips and side missions.
Mountain Hardwear built a pack that thrives as a complement to larger luggage while traveling. Leave your duffel behind, load your essentials into your Lightweight 15L Backpack, and hit the cobble streets to explore a new city. The main compartment is spacious enough to pack your lunch and some extra layers, and an interior sleeve accommodates a guidebook or tablet. The entire pack compresses into a small external pocket, making it a no-brainer, even for minimalist travelers.
- A lightweight, stowable backpack for day trips while traveling
- Interior sleeve perfect for hydration, guidebook, or tablet
- Compress entire pack into stowable zippered pocket
- Two deep side pockets make for easy access to water bottles and gear
- Large top opening to main compartment for simplified packing
- Item #MHW014H
- Q & A
Functional Lightweight BackPack
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought this backpack for a trip to Iceland where luggage allowance was limited. I tucked it away in my bigger carry on backpack and used it for hikes to waterfalls and swims at geothermal pools. It is large enough to hold my 1L water bottle, wallet, bathing suit, and quick dry towel or a light jacket when things got hot. It took a bit to put the backpack back into its own pocket so at the end of my trip I just folded it up. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things to me.