Kor Strata Alpine Hooded Jacket
The Mountain Hardwear Kor Strata Alpine Hooded Jacket puts a weather resistant layer between you and the rugged environment of the alpine wilderness. Designed as a jacket to wear while deep in the backcountry, Primaloft Gold and Gold Active insulation is mapped to provide warmth when you need it and still be breathable enough to let excess heat escape to avoid overheating. Underarm gussets add additional range of movement to the mechanical stretch nylon, so you can easily reach above your head for holds while climbing on lead.
- A jacket made for alpine style ascents far out in the backcountry
- Top-of-the-line Primaloft Gold insulation is light and packable
- Primaloft Gold Active insulation is breathable to avoid overheating
- Underarm gusset gives comfortable range of motion reaching for holds
- Nylon fabric resists light rain and wind while traversing ridges
- Item #MHW016X
- Q & A
Perfect For Climbing or Waiting to Climb
Waiting my turn in the conga line to climb a tower.
Perfect for the mountains
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 175lbs
I've been using the Strata Alpine all spring and summer and absolutely love it. It's very similar to other breathable mid-layers on the market (Patagonia Nano Air, L3 Ventrix, Proton LT) but is a bit different in that it strategically places two different types of Primaloft Gold to maximize warmth and breathability. I think it works exceptionally well. The fit is also pretty spot on(trim but not tight) and it moves really well when climbing and hiking. I'm also a huge fan of the styling and colorways. I have it in red but the purple looks fantastic in person as well.
Photo Credit: Fisher Creative
Tested on a 4 day Grand Teton trip with Jackson Hole Mountain Guides
Can it be worn as a mid layer for backpacking?