Why We Like The Ghost Whisperer UL Down Jacket
The original Ghost Whisperer was already one of the lightest down jackets on the market, but we love that Mountain Hardwear decided to go even lighter with the Ghost Whisperer UL Jacket. At a scant six ounces, the Ghost Whisperer UL utilizes down insulation with the highest fill rating available.
1000-fill down doesn't mean this is the warmest, loftiest jackets around, but rather the lightest and most compressible down that you could find. That down adds to the jacket's lightness and lets you pack the whole thing in its own pocket for compact storage. Mountain Hardwear also changed the shell with a 5D ripstop for lighter weight, and it still has a DWR treatment for water-resistance against passing showers or snowfall.
- The lightest gets even lighter with this ultralight down jacket
- 1000-fill down gives the highest fill rating available on the market
- DWR-treated 5D ripstop is ultralight and surprisingly durable
- Elastic-bound hood and cuffs with adjustable hem for secure coverage
- Jacket packs into its own pocket for compact storage
- Item #MHWZ9CU
- [face fabric] 5D 100% nylon ripstop
- 1000-fill down
- Center Back Length
- [small] 26in
- elastic binding
- 2 zippered hand
- Claimed Weight
- [small] 6oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- skiing, snowboarding, backpacking, casual, hiking, climbing, mountaineering
What do you think about this product?
January 4, 2021
Winter warmth without the weight
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 6"
- 145 lbs
I bought it in “Fog” and am so pleased with the subtle and flattering color it turned out to be. I get lots of compliments. It’s my perfect winter jacket, weighs a mere 6 ounces and yet provides warmth even in coldest dampest days. Highly recommend!
Jean Santa maria
November 3, 2020
is this waterproof?
November 28, 2020
This is water resistant, it does have a DWR coating on it but it is not waterproof. This acts more as a layer and you can find a waterproof shell to keep you dry.