Ready to provide backup.
Extended excursions into the backcountry mean you need to be ready for a wide range of weather conditions, but you'll have nothing to worry about as long as you have the Mountain Hardwear Men's Exponent Pant tucked away in your pack. The jacket's VaporDry shell sheds rain with ease, stops wind in its tracks, and breathes well to keep you comfortable when you're on the move. Most importantly for backpackers and long-distance hikers, the Exponent is lightweight and compact enough for easy storage in your pack at all times, so you're never up a creek without a paddle.
- Light and packable rain pants for backpacking and hiking
- VaporDry shell is breathable and waterproof
- Articulated knees for enhanced range of motion
- Partial elastic adjustable waist offer a secure fit
- Ankle zips make it easy to put on over boots
- Water-resistant zippered pocket protects small gear
- Item #MHW00VJ
- Q & A
So Far, So Good
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
I got these for my fiance, and so far they seem to do the trick. We took them down the Grand Canyon, and the majority of their use was to block water while on the boat- so while they haven't necessarily been subjected to a torrential downpour, they have survived a lot of river water! They do their job well at keeping the water out, and they do pack pretty small as well which is nice. They aren't the most breathable thing in the world, but they do breathe some. The fit is right on point too, he wears a 31-32 pant, and the M fits perfect over a pair of shorts.