Why We Like The Aspect 2 Tent
We love that the Mountain Hardwear Aspect 2 Tent is surprisingly robust for how little it weighs and how easy it is to pack on backpacking trips. The Sil nylon fly offers reliable, 3-season protection from wet weather, while the 3/4 mesh canopy maximizes airflow for warmer weather. There are two full-size doors and one vestibule large enough for two backpacks. DAC Featherlight poles provide a sturdy setup without weighing you down on the trail, and one of the poles is pre-bent to give better headspace.
- Lightweight, robust tent made for 3-season backpacking
- Sil nylon fly offers rugged weather protection without much weight
- Full mesh canopy maximizes ventilation for the warm seasons
- DAC Featherlight poles provide sturdy support without the weight
- Two full-size doors and one large vestibule for gear storage
- Three pockets store and organize small items
- Guyout points, guylines, and DAC J-stakes included
- Item #MHW01DP
- [canopy] 15D nylon, [fly] 20D nylon (1200mm), [floor] 40D nylon ripstop (1500mm)
- Wall Type
- DAC featherlight
- Number of Doors
- Number of Vestibules
- Vestibule Space
- 9.27sq ft
- mesh panels
- Interior Height
- Floor Dimensions
- 50 x 88in
- Floor Space
- 29.3sq ft
- Packed Size
- 6 x 20.5in
- Trail Weight
- 2lb 15oz
- Packed Weight
- 3lb 5oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
June 10, 2021
Lightweight and well engineered
- I've used it several times
- True to size
Great tent with good features… lightweight, durable, and easy to set up. Love having two entrances. Lots of head room. My one complaint is the zippers are difficult to zip at the seam where the mesh and floor meet. Other than that, very good.
March 12, 2021
- I've put it through the wringer
- 6` 3"
Iâve used this tent for two years now. Itâs been to the Cirque of the Towers, remote Uinta basins, and withstood high winds, snowstorms, and heavy rain. Itâs also had a lot of days in Utahâs deserts, with heavy UV exposure and lots of sand. The tent has held up really well, itâs super light, while still being durable. Itâs easy to set up and doesnât feel cramped which is important when you are as tall as I am. Itâs been a great tent for three season alpine climbing and would definitely recommend it.
Nikki Smith - Pull Photography