Why We Like The AC 2 Tent
A favorite for its versatility, the Mountain Hardwear AC 2 Tent is a lightweight 4-season shelter that packs down small so we can take it mountaineering, winter camping, and backpacking high in the alpine. Its ripstop fabric includes ruggedly waterproof coatings to ensure weather protection when it's snowing.
The DAC Featherlite poles keep this tent at a slim three pounds, while Mountain Hardwear's non-stretchy pole sleeves—codenamed Evolution Tension Arch—ensure stability and weather protection. The front door takes up a full wall for ease of entry, and it has a mesh window to amplify airflow when the weather's more favorable. There are two more mesh windows for extra ventilation when the weather won't cooperate.
- Four-season tent made for backpacking and mountaineering
- Ripstop fabric with waterproof coatings for weather protection
- DAC Featherlight NSL poles set up easily with stretch pole sleeves
- Front and rear zippered vents improve airflow
- Full mesh door maximizes ventilation in favorable weather
- Guyout points, guyline, reflective accents, and pocket included
- Item #MHW01DL
- [canopy] 50D nylon ripstop, PU coating (10,000mm), [floor] 30D nylon ripstop, PU coating (4000mm)
- Wall Type
- DAC Featherlight NSL
- Pole Attachment
- Evolution Tension Arch
- Number of Doors
- Number of Vestibules
- 2 zippered vents, mesh door
- Interior Height
- Floor Dimensions
- 81 x 45in
- Floor Space
- 25.3sq ft
- Packed Size
- 6 x 11.5in / 3 x 17.5in
- Trail Weight
- 3lb 8oz
- Packed Weight
- backpacking, mountaineering, winter camping
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
July 13, 2021
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- 5` 8"
- 175 lbs
Buy it, buy it now, don't wait. Just do it. Super lightweight, packs really small, rock solid stability.