As light as it is warm.
It's really nice to save space and weight in your backpack, especially when your trip is longer, farther, and colder. With 800+ fill down insulation—one of the highest fill ratings available—Mountain Equipment's Firefly 30 Degree Down Sleeping Bag is surprisingly warm for how little it weighs. It also has a phenomenal compression for a small stuff size. Mountain Equipment wrapped the down up with tear-resistant, down-proof, and breathable Plasma fabric that can stand up to the abrasive nature of backcountry sleeping. Its mummy shape and fitted hood trap heat for maximum efficiency, while draft tubes ensure you won't lose heat at the openings so you stay warm, and hopefully asleep, all night long.
- Ultralight sleeping bag for three-season backpacking
- 800+ fill goose down insulation for light and lofty warmth
- Weight-savings alpine mummy fit for thermal efficiency
- Tear-resistant, downproof, breathable Plasma shell and lining
- Shaped hood and footbox for ergonomic comfort
- Gemini draft tubes cover full-length zipper and collar
- Item #MEQ008H
- Q & A
The Manny Pacquiao of sleeping bags
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Pound for pound just one of the best fast and light bags on the planet. That's 1lb 4 oz to be exact. Nothing gets lighter than 800 fill goose down, and I can't imagine taking anything lighter than the plasma fabric outdoors. This bag is pared down to the essentials. It's just enough space to be comfortable and not too much to be inefficient. You can literally feel the bag heating up as you close it. You can't beat goose down in terms of heat and compressibility. The fabric is actually very water resistant which is awesome. Great bag!