Moonshine Rods The Drifter Fly Rod - 4-Piece
Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Single Handed Fly Rods we have in stock.View Similar Products
Why We Like The The Drifter Fly Rod
The Drifter Fly Rod is the entry-level fly rod that we count on because it utilizes tech from Moonshine Rods’ performance models in a beginner-friendly package. With a comfortable medium action, the Drifter is easy to cast for novice fishers and experienced anglers alike. Copper hardware throughout the rod’s construction ensures trustworthy craftsmanship and a lightweight feel.
- Entry-level fly rod boasts performance-oriented features
- AAA grade cork handle is comfortable and supplies great feedback
- Graphite construction is lightweight and reliable
- Wood double-locking real seats ensure durability and a clean look
- Relatively low rod weight is intuitive for beginner casters
- Five compartment protective rod sock included
- Item #MHR0002
- 7ft 6in, 8ft 6in, 9ft, 10ft
- Rod Weight
- [7ft 6in] 3wt, [8ft 6in] 4wt, [9ft] 5wt, [10ft] 5wt
- reverse half wells (AAA grade cork)
- Reel Seats
- wood, double locking
- Number of Guides
- [5wt 9ft] 10
- Claimed Weight
- [5wt 9ft] 3.5oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
May 23, 2021
Great, Dependable Rod
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 3wt 7.5’
- 5` 11"
Moonshine is making some of the best rods out there today. They are a tremendous value at their price point. I own 2 Drifter series rods and love them both! The action is slow, so if you’re looking for a “fast action” rod, this won’t be for you. However, if you’re looking for a rod that you can depend on for throwing your line accurately and a rod that gives you a great sense of response and what’s happening on the other end - this is your rod.