Moonshine Rods The Drifter Fly Rod - 4-Piece
Select Style & Size
Why We Like The The Drifter Fly Rod
The Drifter Fly Rod is the entry-level fly rod that we count on because it utilizes tech from Moonshine Rods’ performance models in a beginner-friendly package. With a comfortable medium action, the Drifter is easy to cast for novice fishers and experienced anglers alike. Copper hardware throughout the rod’s construction ensures trustworthy craftsmanship and a lightweight feel.
- Entry-level fly rod boasts performance-oriented features
- AAA grade cork handle is comfortable and supplies great feedback
- Graphite construction is lightweight and reliable
- Wood double-locking real seats ensure durability and a clean look
- Relatively low rod weight is intuitive for beginner casters
- Five compartment protective rod sock included
- Item #MHR0002
- 7ft 6in, 8ft 6in, 9ft, 10ft
- Rod Weight
- [7ft 6in] 3wt, [8ft 6in] 4wt, [9ft] 5wt, [10ft] 5wt
- reverse half wells (AAA grade cork)
- Reel Seats
- wood, double locking
- Number of Guides
- [5wt 9ft] 10
- Claimed Weight
- [5wt 9ft] 3.5oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
May 23, 2021
Great, Dependable Rod
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 3wt 7.5’
- 5` 11"
Moonshine is making some of the best rods out there today. They are a tremendous value at their price point. I own 2 Drifter series rods and love them both! The action is slow, so if you’re looking for a “fast action” rod, this won’t be for you. However, if you’re looking for a rod that you can depend on for throwing your line accurately and a rod that gives you a great sense of response and what’s happening on the other end - this is your rod.