Why We Like The Modern MD Love Child ES Blackbird Edition Longboard Surfboard
Already a versatile cruiser that we love for surefire wave-catching, the Modern MD Love Child Longboard Surfboard comes to us this year with a more fun, forgiving Epoxy Soft (ES) construction. This durable construction combines a surprisingly high level of performance with an easygoing, soft board feel that's guaranteed to induce all-day smiles.
The longboard outline places substantial surface area up front, with a more tapered outline in the tail, to help us easily catch waves, paddle with efficiency, and turn with surprising agility in tight spots. This huge stable zone under the front foot and chest is complemented by the low rocker for effortlessly gliding into waves and keeping our speed up down the line. Throw in the versatile fin configuration and a pronounced vee-double concave, and this board is ready to rip everything from mellow one-footers to slashy six-footers.
Warehouse Note: This product has been incorrectly labeled as the Blackbird model during manufacturing.
- Versatile, fun-driven softboard longboard for all wave types
- Epoxy Soft construction balances performance with forgiveness
- Low rocker profile with subtle lift in tail rolls into waves
- High-volume surface area creates an exceptionally stable feel
- Vee-double concave with tapered tail for high-end maneuvering
- Three different fin configurations for three types of surfing
- Item #MDS000Q
- 7ft, 7ft 6in, 8ft
- ES (Epoxy Soft)
- low rocker with subtle tail lift, single double vee, full rail
- [7ft] 22in, [7ft 6in] 22.25in, [8ft] 22.5in
- [7ft] 3.125in, [7ft 6in] 3.25in, [8ft] 3.375in
- [7ft] 52.6L, [7ft 6in] 58.6L, [8ft] 66.6L
- Deck Pad
- [skin] PE
- single, 2+1
- Fins Included
- 7ft 5in Rake (FCS II Performer Sides)
- Recommended Rider Weight
- [7ft] 198.4lb, [7ft 6in, 8ft] <209.4lb