Legend has it that the Modern Surfboards Love Child PU Hybrid Surfboard was born after a longboard and a shortboard had a few too many drinks one evening and spent the night together. The resulting offspring is a versatile cruiser that combines the stability of a longboard with the maneuverability of a shortboard, helping you to catch more waves without sacrificing performance.
A longboard outline up front creates a huge stable zone under the front foot and chest to help you catch waves early and ride towards the nose, while the tapered pin tail maintain maneuverability and enhances control in bigger, steeper surf. Low rocker helps the board glide effortlessly into waves and maintains down-the-line speed and acceleration once you're up. Offsetting the board's width and high volume, Modern gave it a pronounced vee-double concave from the front foot to the tail to maintain a nimble feel. Regardless of what kind of waves the day brings, you're sure to catch plenty on the Love Child.
- Versatile cruiser designed to double your wave count
- Longboard outline up front creates big stable zone
- Tapered pintail rear adds maneuverability and control
- PU construction offers progressive flex pattern
- Low rocker glides easily into waves and maintains speed
- Subtle tail lift promotes smooth gliding turns
- Item #MDS0003