Call the shots.
If you're looking for a stable, smooth-turning board that's easy to catch waves on and rides well in any conditions, and not to mention is very affordable, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better option than the Modern Surfboards Boss PU Longboard. This user-friendly longboard is an ideal choice for beginners looking to step up their skills and gain confidence, or for more experienced surfers looking to add a reliable and versatile longboard to their quiver.
Its balanced outline features lots of surface area up front for noseriding, a parallel mid-section that creates a huge standing zone, and enough taper in the tail to allow you to break a line and turn smoothly. Low-entry rocker allows for fast paddling, then it relaxes in the middle with enough curve to promote a good turning arc on the wave face, and finally lifts up a bit in the tail to make turning easier for still-learning surfers. Simple contours promote smooth rail-to-rail transitions considering this board's length, yet still provide control in steeper sections and allow pivotal control when turning off the tail. It also has plenty of volume through the nose and tail and out to the rails to give it tons of stability, making it simple to ride regardless of your skill level.
- Easy-to-ride board that's fun to ride in any wave conditions
- PU construction offers progressive flex pattern
- Balanced outline is stable and buoyant
- Progressive rocker profile paddles easily and turns smoothly
- Soft vee-to-double concave for smooth rail-to-rail transitions
- Plenty of volume in nose allows for confident noseriding
- Item #MDS000A