Select Style & Size
Smith Roll 18L Backpack
Smartly designed and consciously crafted, the Millican Smith 18L Roll Laptop Backpack is a simple and elegant way to tote your stuff on your commute to work or walks through the woods. Its waterproof fabric makes it well-suited to outdoor excursions, while the laptop sleeve keeps it prepared for urban life.
Realizing that one of the easiest ways to boost sustainability is to make the things we have last longer, Millican built this pack with a burly canvas fabric and minimal seam design to ensure durability. The fabric itself is made with natural cotton and recycled polyester for increased sustainability, and strong, lightweight aluminum buckles negate the need for plastics. Millican also impregnated the fabric with paraffin wax, rather than coated it, to reduce weight and give the fabric a tactile feel.
- Simple, yet durable roll-top pack with a classic look
- Sustainable fabric impregnated with paraffin wax for water-resistance
- Bionic canvas is up to 30% stronger than regular canvas
- Concealed laptop sleeve holds your computer
- Crafted in England's Lake District, Millican makes sustainable bags for the conscious traveler
- Item #MCI0003
- Responsible Collection
- Bionic canvas (38% cotton, 57% recycled polyester, 5% high-tenacity polyester), paraffin wax treatment, [lining] recycled polyester
- 18L (1100cu in)
- Laptop Sleeve
- 19 x 11 x 6 in
- Recommended Use
What do you think about this product?
March 13, 2020
Slim to a fault
- I returned this product before using it
I was looking for a slim, weather-resistant bag to hold my laptop and a few accessories so I ordered the 15L and 18L versions of the Smith. They're comfortable and a nice blend of form and function–except for the internal pockets. It's nearly impossible to use the laptop compartment and any of the internal organization pockets at the same time. The pockets are very slim and loading them with anything makes it VERY difficult to also pack a laptop (and vice versa). For me this was a dealbreaker, which was too bad. Everything else about these bags is rock solid.
November 11, 2016