Why not both?
Down bags are light and lofty until a little dampness turns them into wet towels; synthetic bags might offer better weather protection, but they are generally harder to pack and weigh more than down bags. Millet tries to balance both compactness and protection with the Composite Long Sleeping Bag so you can stay light on the approach and warm in the alpine's moisture-riddled environment. A hybrid of sorts, the bag's top insulation includes hydrophobic down that stays light and lofty even if you spill a little water on the bag, while the bottom is pure synthetic to stays strong and warm for seasons.
- Protective hybrid sleeping bag for damp alpine environments
- 32F temperature rating suitable for summers and shoulder seasons
- Millet Down Blend keeps the top half light, lofty, and warm
- K Dry hydrophobic treatment keeps the down warm in moisture
- Shinsoft synthetic insulation keeps the the bottom durably warm
- Tough, water-resistant shell sheds raindrops and water spills
- Adjustable hood with draft collar assures secure coverage
- Bottom straps secure sleeping pad
- Item #MIL00DJ
[shell] 40D nylon, 40D polyester [lining] 40D nylon
[top] Millet Down Blend (70% K Dry duck down, 30% Shinsoft 4T
10 x 7in
backpacking, trekking, alpine