Thermo Freeze Mid Waterproof Boot
The Merrell Thermo Freeze Mid Waterproof Boot stays warm through cold winter afternoons post holing through frozen trails. A polyurethane coating keeps water out of the shoe, and M Select WARM insulation holds heat inside the shoe for a warm feel while trekking through hard packed and icy snow. The Vibram Arctic Grip sole provides ample traction over slick surfaces, while the EVA midsole adds support and comfort that lasts the whole duration of the hike.
- Tackle snowy trails and sidewalks alike in a durable, warm boot
- Polyurethane coating shields out moisture when trekking in snow
- M Select WARM insulation traps warmth for a warm, comfortable feel
- Vibram Arctic Grip sole handles slick surfaces in snowy conditions
- EVA midsole offers supportive comfort while worn all day
- Item #MER00JQ
- Q & A
Where's the leather? Misleading sizing
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: 11.5
It took less than 60 seconds to convince me to return these, primarily because of the sizing. Secondarily, because of misleading descriptors. I find zero leather in this boot, which isn't a deal breaker, but if it's all synthetic, then say so.
The only scenario that makes sense with the sizing is the exterior of the boot may indeed be consistent with the stated size, however after adding the insulation, the inside dimension seems to drop by almost a full size, plus it becomes a 'narrow'. I even ordered a half size larger than my size just to ensure they'd be roomy enough.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 11
- Height: 6'
- Weight: 190lbs
The top shoe lace eyelets have a metal backing plate that will dig into the ball of your ankle with every step you take.