Ontario 85 Mid WP Boot
Turn back the clock at the trailhead with the Merrell Ontario 85 Mid WP Boot. This retro-inspired hiker will get you to the summit and back again in any weahter thanks to a combination of durability, waterproofing and support. The super durable Cordura and suede upper powers through snags and abrasion to protect your foot and the Select Dry membrane. This select Dry membrane is then able to seal out weather and wick moisture off of your feet to keep you dry and comfortable. Meanwhile the cushioned and supportive combination of the EVA midsole and Merrell air cushion works to eliminates fatigue, while the exceptional traction from the tried and true Vibram Megagrip outsole gives you peace of mind with every step.
- Retro-inspired hiking boot for adventures of varying distances
- Cordura and suede upper easily powers through snags and abrasion
- Select dry membrane seals out weather while wicking moisture
- Mesh lining boosts breathability to keep feet dry and comfortable
- Kinetic fit Base removable footbed provides flexible support
- EVA midsole combines with air cushion heed for stability, cushion
- Tongue bellows keep sticks and debris out of your socks
- Vibram Megagrip soles with 3mm lugs offer sticky grip on the trail
- Item #MER00NW
- Q & A
Out the Box and Straight Up Hill
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
I got these for my sister who usually hikes in Nike running shoes or converse (ouch). She doesn't hike super frequently, but when she does, it usually hurts during and after. We met up to hike Hanging Lake and hangout in Glenwood Springs. She put these on the morning of the hike and said they felt pretty good. Since the hike is only 1.2 miles, I figured she wouldn't have enough time to get bad hot spots.
These far and away exceeded her expectations, and they looked great too. She got 2 different complements on them in town that weekend and raved about how comfortable they were and how nothing hurt afterwards. Obviously, about any boot would have done this over Converse, but that shouldn't discount how well these performed. They were pretty light too!