Tackle your hike in stride.
The Merrell Women's Moab FST Waterproof Hiking Shoe offers the same, reliable support as its elder sibling, but with a lighter midsole and more modern, lively twist. The mesh and leather upper boasts a waterproof breathable M Select Dry membrane, and the bellows tongue discourages sediment from creeping into your sock and chafing your foot. A comfy, M Select FIT.ECO footbed features an odor control treatment that's designed to give foot funk a run for its money, and the molded nylon arch shank provides trek-long support. Additionally, the EVA midsole features a lighter construction that ensures you stay quick on your feet from the trail head to the summit, and the cushy heel unit attenuates shock as you take the downhill in stride. Not to mention, the rugged Vibram MegaGrip outsole assures dependable traction in the face of slick, chossy, or just-downright-crazy terrain.
- A tenacious hiking shoe for meandering through uncharted terrain
- Mesh and leather upper boasts a waterproof breathable membrane
- Bellows tongue prevents sediment from creeping into your socks
- EVA footbed features an odor-resistant treatment that keeps foot funk at bay
- Springy midsole and air cushion in heel attenuate shock
- Vibram MegaGrip outsole provides rugged, dependable traction
- Item #MER00CM
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 8.5
In the past, I have always hiked in old trail running shoes or Chacos, but decided I'd like some better support and traction for longer hikes. These shoes are popular for a reason! Aside from looking great and being waterproof, they feel like a solid hiking shoe without any excess weight. The sole also did much better on loose gravel hill sections as well as wet rocks than my trail runners!
I am usually either an 8.5 or 9, and I got the 8.5 and they're a good fit but a 9 would give me just a little more toe space.