He's gonna need them.
It's time for him to start pulling his weight on the trail—at least a little bit—so after you get him a proper sized backpack, make sure he's got his Merrell Boy's Moab FST Mid A/C Waterproof Hiking Boots on his feet. These tough boots are ready to stomp through muddy Cascade trails or up towering 14ers in Colorado. The waterproof bootie keeps his feet dry when the sky starts to pour and the rubber outsole holds solid traction on scree fields and river crossings.
- Tough hiking boot for your budding trekker
- Waterproof bootie keeps his feet dry
- Hook-and-loop strap for easy on and off
- Non-marking rubber outsole delivers solid traction
- Mesh upper for comfort and breathability
- Item #MER00JK
- Q & A
went on a 10 mile hike the day after
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
these shoes worked great for the kids first 10 mile hike with boyscouts. He said it was the most comfy shoe hes owned. (thats a lot for an active 11 year old)