Some say that the third time's a charm, however when it concerns the Merrell Women's Moab 2 Waterproof Hiking Shoe, it's safe to say that the second time around is a real winner. Equipped with a few renovations, the Moab 2 features an updated upper, consisting of a waterproof, performance suede that prevents moisture from getting the best of your socks. Additionally, the Moab 2 now touts Speed Band for torsional support and stability as you navigate varied terrain.
However, in keeping with the original design, the Moab maintain its reign as a versatile shoe that's fit for hiking, clamoring, or travel. Mesh inserts offer passive breathability, while the bellowed tongue keeps debris at bay. A protective toe cap safeguards your foot from trail-side obstacles, and the M Select FIT.ECO footbed is equipped with zonal arch and heel support, as well as a Merrell Air cushion in the heel for added impact absorption. Not to mention, an EVA midsole attenuates shock and prevents foot fatigue, and the Vibram TC5+ outsole maintains subtle, yet substantial traction underfoot.
- A slightly redesigned take on a classic hiking shoe
- Waterproof suede and mesh inserts offer stable ventilation
- Waterproof treatment keeps moisture at bay
- Bellowed tongue safeguards foot from debris
- Protective toe cap defends against trail-side obstacles
- EVA midsole and footbed attenuates shock
- Vibram TC5+ sole touts 5mm lugs for ample traction
- Item #MER00EG
- Q & A
Does it have a nylon shank?