Some say that the third time's a charm, however when it concerns the Merrell Women's Moab 2 Waterproof Hiking Shoe, it's safe to say that the second time around is a real winner. Equipped with a few renovations, the Moab 2 features an updated upper, consisting of a waterproof, performance suede that prevents moisture from getting the best of your socks. Additionally, the Moab 2 now touts Speed Band for torsional support and stability as you navigate varied terrain.
However, in keeping with the original design, the Moab maintain its reign as a versatile shoe that's fit for hiking, clamoring, or travel. Mesh inserts offer passive breathability, while the bellowed tongue keeps debris at bay. A protective toe cap safeguards your foot from trail-side obstacles, and the M Select FIT.ECO footbed is equipped with zonal arch and heel support, as well as a Merrell Air cushion in the heel for added impact absorption. Not to mention, an EVA midsole attenuates shock and prevents foot fatigue, and the Vibram TC5+ outsole maintains subtle, yet substantial traction underfoot.
- A slightly redesigned take on a classic hiking shoe
- Waterproof suede and mesh inserts offer stable ventilation
- Waterproof treatment keeps moisture at bay
- Bellowed tongue safeguards foot from debris
- Protective toe cap defends against trail-side obstacles
- EVA midsole and footbed attenuates shock
- Vibram TC5+ sole touts 5mm lugs for ample traction
- Item #MER00EG
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Sent these as a gift, but the feedback i received is that these shoes are very comfortable to be worn for any outdoor occasion! Camping, hiking, walking around town!
bought as a gift
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
"Found these shoes to be very comfortable right out of the box. Bought them for day hiking, especially in the spring when there is still some snow around since they're waterproof. Definitely a welcome upgrade from trail runners without being to heavy and clunky."
These were given as a gift but I was provided feedback to share. The recipient of this gift typically avoided winter hikes but with these, thereâs no excuse! We went on a trail with packed snow and her feet stayed 100% dry and warm. Great grip from the vibram, even on the ice. Very comfortable and will be getting lots of use year round.
Does it have a nylon shank?