Choprock Water Shoe
- Water shoe made for days spent on trails around water
- Water-friendly webbing upper with mesh paneling for ventilation
- Hyperlock molded heel counter reduces the chances for blisters
- Hydramorph midsole with water channels and drainage ports
- Kinetic Fit removable footbed adds water-friendly cush
- Vibram Megagrip rubber sole gives traction on wet and dry surfaces
- Item #MER00LX
- Q & A
Comfortable; Good in the Water
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 13
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 165lbs
I bought these to replace a pair of Merrell water shoes that I've had for 12+ years. Overall, very happy. My primary use is wet wading in rocky trout streams. The shoes are very comfortable - great fit and no "hard points" (e.g. seams) inside that rub my bare feet (a problem in the past for me). I wear them with and without socks comfortably. They drain water readily and with removable insoles, rinsing sand and gravel out is a snap (my old ones didn't do this).
I do not care for the standard laces on water shoes - hard to slip-on/off without untying and they can catch on sticks, etc underwater. I put Lock Laces on these right away. More functional for me.
As far as grippiness goes, while I haven't fallen, I don't feel 100% comfortable on slick rocks. These seem to - perhaps - be a bit less grippy than my old ones, but that's totally unscientific. This is not giving me pause to use them or recommend them, but explains why I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5.