When you’re scrambling up an icy trail, you need the traction of the Merrell Men’s Capra Glacial Ice+ Mid Waterproof Boot to get you to the top. With a Vibram Arctic Grip outsole, your feet will cling to the ice for a solid step. A waterproof M Select Dry membrane blocks out melting snow while allowing your feet to breathe. The boot is insulated with M Select Warm to keep the feeling in your toes without weighing your feet down so you can frolic through the snow, and the heel is cushioned to absorb shock, minimizing fatigue.
- Hiking boots for winter trails
- Vibram Arctic Grip outsole provides traction
- Waterproof M Select Dry seals out slush
- Midweight M Select Warm insulation traps heat
- Merrell air cushion and Fit.Eco footbed absorb impact
- Coated leather upper is comfortable and durable
- Organic odor control minimizes smells
- Item #MER00G5
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 160lbs
These boots have been used out on hunting trips and casual hikes to weeklong excursions in the frozen tundra. They have exceeded my expectations for a "budget" boot and behave like a premium selection. Supple fleece lining adds extra warmth. I'd size a half up for thick winter socks.