Select style & size:Select options
Maxxis designed the Rekon 3C/TR 29in Tire for aggressive cross-country riding and racing with its lightweight design and wide centerline knobs for control under braking, paired with L-shaped side knobs for additional support when cornering around loose, drifty turns. This particular version doesn't have any sidewall reinforcement, meaning it's best suited for race day when you'd like the lightest tire without excessive weight slowing you down.
It comes with the Maxxis 3C Maxx Speed compound, which reduces rolling resistance for a faster overall tire that lasts a long time, yet it still allows for plentiful grip around corners with a slightly softer shoulder knob compound. It's the fastest compound in the Maxxis line, meaning it's best for cross-country racing scenarios where carrying speed is paramount. It's designed to be run as a tubeless tire for better grip at lower pressures, but it can also be used as a traditional clincher.
- Fast-rolling tire with plentiful grip for aggressive XC
- Wide centerline knobs paired with L-shaped side knobs
- Designed without reinforcement for low rotational weight
- 3C Maxx Speed Compound rolls fast and lasts a long time
- Slightly grippier side knobs for grip around corners
- Tubeless-ready for gaining traction and compliance
- Item #MXX007F