Select style & size:Select options
Ikon 3C/EXO/TR Tire
The Ikon is Maxxis' most versatile cross country tire with its fast rolling tread pattern that that still offers substantial grip for braking and cornering. Now that it's available in a 29 x 2.6in size, those of us with enough tire clearance on our bikes can enjoy the extra traction and smooth damping provided by this high volume casing.
The Ikon's tread pattern favors a wide range of conditions from smooth, buff trails to loose rocky terrain. This is possible due to the spacing between the center lugs and the more pronounced side knobs. The center lugs are made of a harder compound that resists wear and flex under braking, and they are ramped for quick accelerations and to preserve your rolling speed. The side knobs use a softer rubber that stays glued to the trail while offering slower rebound for seamless transitions in and out of corners.
The supple high-volume casing conforms to trail irregularities resulting in positive traction over wet roots and rocks. The tire employs EXO sidewall protection to resist abrasion and rock slices, adding additional puncture protection to an XC tire that's already proven to be both lightweight and sturdy.
- Maxxis' iconic XC tire is now available in a 29 x 2.6in size
- High volume casing offers gobs of traction and smooth damping
- Tread excels on hardpack, loose, medium, and even wet conditions
- Ramped center lugs accelerate quickly and resist flex under braking
- More pronounced side knobs find grip in loose corners
- Siping on the knobs increases traction under load
- 3C MaxxSpeed balances grip, rolling resistance, and wear life
- EXO protection resists flats caused by sidewall tears
- Item #MXX007L
- Q & A
Is this the MaxxTerra or the MaxxSpeed version? The item name in the dropdown says MaxxTerra, but the item description says MaxxSpeed compound. Also, the listed weight seems really high for an Ikon, even a 2.6.
That is going to be the MaxTerra model not the MaxSpeed. I apologize for the confusion. Also, Maxxis quotes the tires at 805 grams.
If you have any other questions about the tires, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.