Premium comfort and padding.
- Item #MAV00CK
- Q & A
Excellent shorts, padding is perfect
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XL
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 210lbs
I respectfully disagree with the other review. I LOVE these shorts. The padding is perfect for long cyclocross rides, which have plenty of bumps and jumps. Sizing is true. I am a 36"/38" waist and the XL was perfect. Good coverage fore and aft, in case you are walking into the coffee shop after a long ride.=) No, this is not transparent. This is the uniform, dude! Highly recommended for long rides at high speed where drag is a factor. Thanks to Gearhead Justin!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought: XL
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 245lbs
Been eyeballing the Mavic shorts because of the styling. Finally ordered a pair and here's my initial day one thoughts.
1. Although the pad is thick and "feels" like it would be supremely comfortable, it wasn't. I admit it could be because my sit bones were still sore from a 63 mile ride, but that was five days ago. Today, wearing the Mavics, I only rode 13 miles. We'll re-eval this part again.
2. The pad is thick and I certainly didn't like feeling like a one year old who wasn't toilet trained carrying a load in his diaper. The fit was snug around the thigh and that's a plus. However, around the waist it felt like I kept having to pull them up. I don't have that issue with a cheaper pair of Pearl Izumi's.
3. It's sheer - or almost sheer. Wearing them, I could practically see my thigh underneath. That must have been the reason that old lady whistled at me. Keeping a rider cool is one thing, but something sheer like that is uncool, IMO.
I'm going to give these another try in a few days, for the fit. But the sheerness is a negative.