Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Gravel & Cyclocross Wheels we have in stock.View Similar Products
Aksium Disc Wheel
Mavic's Aksium Disc Wheel offers durability and disc-optimized construction without the premium price tag of other disc-specific road wheelsets. For the latest version, Mavic increases the rim's internal width to 17mm to provide more air volume and a better fit for 25 - 32mm wide tires, all while retaining the superb value and reliability the Aksium series is known for. They're ideal as an affordable training wheelset, backup wheels for your disc road or cross bike, or just a solid upgrade over most stock wheels for riders wanting a dependable wheelset that doesn't break the bank.
Mavic is able to offer the Aksium Disc Wheels at a considerably lower price than their Ksyrium wheel offerings due to some differences in construction. For example, rather than having FORE drilled rims and thread-in spoke grommets, the rim is a more traditional single-eyelet-style, with the spoke holes penetrating the outer wall of the rim. This means it does require rim tape, but fortunately Mavic includes that in the box. And while they may weigh more than the Ksyrium's, they're just as reliable due to their S6000 aluminum construction laced with straight-pull spokes.
Both wheels feature 24 straight-pull steel spokes for increased strength and stiffness compared to the 20-spoke rim brake Aksium wheels. This is done to accommodate the extra forces imposed by disc braking systems compared to rim brakes. The hubs use Mavic's QRM double-sealed cartridge bearings to deliver high mileage and long-lasting dependability, and come equipped with Mavic's ID360 freehub with speedy 9-degree engagement. The hubs can be converted from thru-axle to quick-release with adapters, but please note that the front hub cannot be converted from 12 x 100mm to 15 x 100mm thru-axle.
- Reliable disc brake road wheels that won't break the bank
- Wider 17mm internal width accommodates 25 - 32mm tires
- Straight-pull spokes are stronger than J-bend options
- Higher spoke count counters the additional forces from disc brakes
- High-quality double-sealed QRM bearings for outstanding longevity
- Pinned rim joint and reinforced spoke drilling improve durability
- Includes rim tape, front QR adapters, rear QR adapters
- Item #MAV00O1
- Rim Material
- S6000 aluminum
- Wheel Size
- Tire Type
- Rim Depth
- Rim Width
- [internal] 17mm
- Brake Compatibility
- centerlock disc
- [freehub] ID360, [bearings] QRM double-sealed cartridge
- Front Axle
- 12 x 100mm thru-axle
- Rear Axle
- 12 x 142mm thru-axle
- straight-pull round steel
- Spoke Nipple
- steel ABS
- Spoke Count
- 24 / 24
- Max Rider Weight
- 264lb (bike included in weight capacity)
- Claimed Weight
- [front without tire] 870g, [rear without tire] 1035g, [wheelset without tires] 1905g
- Recommended Use
- cyclocross, gravel, road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
August 29, 2020
I am replacing a wtb i23 tubless front wheel (disc) on a Santa Cruz Stigmata. 1) will this work well on my bike and is the rim tubeless ready?