Backpacking on a budget.
When you're hiking the PCT, the trail ahead can be as expensive as it is long. The Marmot Trestles Elite 20-Degree Synthetic Sleeping Bag keeps you warm and light on the go without breaking the bank. While its synthetic insulation may not pack up as small as goose down, the Trestles Elite uses a polyester blend that offers high loft and relatively low weight, while providing that added bonus of insulating you when a cold, wet Northwestern mist rolls into camp.
With a lighter construction than Marmot's previous Trestles bags, the Trestles Elite is designed for cozy nights on the trail. The wave baffle along the top of the bag keeps air-trapping to a maximum, while blanket construction along the bottom provides warmth and comfort during the night. An insulated draft tube and collar locks your body heat in before it has a chance to escape, buy if you find yourself overheating one sunny morning, a second side zipper lets you vent out while you sleep in.
- Sleeping bag for budget-conscious backpackers and weekend campers
- Synthetic insulation offers warmth down to 20F even when wet
- Fold-down second zipper provides ventilation and easy bag access
- 3D hood, draft collar, and draft tube insulate each exit
- Zipper guard along draft tube keeps snagging to a minimum
- Stash pocket provides an easy-access spot for flashlight or phone
- Item #MAR01BR
- Q & A
Warm, Comfy, and Cozy
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I bought this sleeping bag for a male who is 5'11'' and was skeptical about the "zip together" feature - I bought the same one to zip to his. He was overjoyed with how comfy this sleeping bag was...but he loves the zip together feature the most. Being zipped together with another human allows he to stay calm during those cold, rainy nights where he thinks he's not going to make it to daylight. As a whole, this was one of the best purchases I have made for fall/spring/summer camping and keeps me, and the guy I brought it for, feeling like our sleeping bags will protect us against storms, cold temps, and even bears.