Explore the backcountry near you or all over the globe in the Moment Spire Jacket. This technical shell features a Gore-Tex 3L membrane to keep you dry and to control your temperature on the uphill, downhill, and everywhere in between. The spire is also packed with touring specific aspects including two large pack pockets to stash your skins, PitZip vents to dump excess heat during strenuous periods, and a helmet compatible hood locks down on your noggin for extra coverage during brutal winds.
- Technical shell for backcountry excursions all over the globe
- Gore-Tex 3L membrane is weather resistant and breathable
- Driclime lined chin guard helps protect your face from wind
- Large pack pockets hold your skins to avoid snow build up
- Helmet compatible hood blocks out wind and driving snow
- Angel-Wing movement ensures you have a full range of motion
- Item #MAR01JF
What do you think about this product?
January 13, 2020
Great jacket but one major flaw
Great shell jacket; I've used it for a lot of in-resort and backcountry ski days. It runs a bit large but is designed to layer underneath, and it does that well. Powder skirt, pockets, etc are thoughtfully designed, BUT there is one (almost) fatal flaw. On windy days and with sustained (but normal use) tension, the main front zipper won't stay totally zipped and will start to slip. There is no tie or snap to reinforce it, and as it slips and the opening grows, the hood will slip off. So on cold & windy days the hood is basically useless and you might also get some cold air on your adams apple! It's too bad because otherwise this is a killer jacket. I still love using it on days that aren't cold enough to require the hood.
January 16, 2020
Does this have pit zips?