Get A Move On.
- Lightweight performance shorts made to get after it
- Stretchy and breathable fabric makes sure you don’t feel constricted or swampy
- The Propel wicks moisture and dries quickly after a mid-run swim
- Knit liner supports your underbits
- Gusseted crotch makes stretching and running extra smooth
- Zippered back pocket keeps energy gels or a phone secure
- UPF 30 sun protection saves your skin from the sun
- Item #MAR010M
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: xl
First of all let me say I'm a big fan of Marmot clothing. I own several shirts and shorts and a great rainjacket. These shorts live up to their billing as being just at home on the trail as in the gym. The material is soft and quick drying. The zipper rear pocket secures a wallet easily and the front pockets are deep enough to comfortably carry phone, keys, etc.
The one thing that has me scratching my head is the liner mentioned in the details section. Although it is great for securing your "bits" during strenuous activity, it's a bit suffocating for moderate to casual activity. My bits may be secure, but their certainly not breathing much. My biggest concern comes with the quality, particularly the lining. There is a half inch cuff sown on the end of the lining. I have now washed the shorts twice and each time have had a few feet of thread unravel from this cuff. It invariably tangles itself around every other item in the wash, especially if it has a drawstring. Don't get me wrong, they still serve their purpose, but I've come to expect more from Marmot producs.