You don't limit yourself to just one activity in the winter, so why don't you grab a midlayer that can handle everything you can? Introducing the Marmot Preon Hoody, a versatile fleece that'll come along on any and all of your winter adventures. It's built with a stretchy midweight fleece that'll move where you move, and outfitted with a grid-panel design, perfect for moving moisture and allowing a little extra breathability for active pursuits. Flatlock seams prevent chafing when you're skinning up local peaks or getting some cold-weather hikes in, while the attached hood and zippered pockets give you all the convenience of a casual piece in a technical package.
- A versatile midweight fleece for active pursuits in cold weather
- Stretchy fleece fabric lets you move when you're skiing deep powder
- Grid-panel design is ideal for moisture-wicking and airflow
- Flatlock seams prevent chafing on frigid runs or hikes
- Fixed hood blocks cold winds when there are no beanies to be found
- Hand and chest pockets offer storage for trail maps and gear
- Item #MAR01K5
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 184lbs
I purchased this over a month ago, and am blown away by the quality of the this hoody. I am 5'9", 184 lbs, and ordered a size large - it fits perfect. I will note it is a little snug on the arms; this is intentional as it is not constricting - it fits perfectly under a jacket without feeling bulky or riding up the sleeves. The hood is roomy and you can comfortably fit a hat or beanie under it. It is perfect for breezy brisk fall days on the trail. There is some wind-resistant in the body, not so much the sleeves - I prefer that though because I usually end up pulling the sleeves up to keep me from over heating. This is my first time buying a marmot product, and I am loving it.