Always be prepared.
You don't need to be stressed out about the weather when you've got the Marmot Knife Edge Jacket stuffed away in your pack. The lightweight shell has a water and windproof Gore-Tex Paclite membrane that provides packable construction so you have no excuse to not have a shell with you when you embark on a day hike, weekend adventure, or bike commute to work. When the sky opens up, pull out the shell from your pack, slip it an, and stay dry and protected from the elements with help from the fully taped seams and DWR treatment.
Aside from being able to pack small to shove into a pack, the Knife Edge Jacket is also equipped with Marmot's Angel-Wing Movement so you aren't being restricted by your jacket as you quickly hike down a mountain when a storm rolls in or pedal home from work when the afternoon showers unload. When you throw on the hood for particularly nasty downpours, you can make adjustments so your peripherals aren't impacted as you make your getaway from the storm. So water doesn't get down your sleeves while you make your escape, cinch up the hook and loop adjustments at the asymmetric cuffs to be snug on your wrists. If you take a wrong turn in your hurry to get off the mountain, you can still shove your hands into their pockets and access your map while you're wearing a pack due to their high placement.
- Packable rain shell for preparedness in unfavorable weather
- Gore-Tex Paclite membrane provides lightweight weather protection
- PFC free DWR treatment beads and repels water for dry fabric
- Seams are fully sealed to further protect from moisture
- Hood has peripheral cord adjustment for ample visibility
- Angle-Wing Movement provides mobility through the arms
- Elastic drawcord hem adjusts for fit and to block gusts
- Asymmetric cuffs have hook and loop adjustments to seal out elements
- Item #MAR01HS
- Q & A
Runs large but quality product!
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 138lbs
Great product however it does run large. I normally order Medium in tops because I have a larger chest, however, in this case, I should have ordered a small. This jacket runs large, not true to size like someone told me on here. On the plus side, I guess that makes it good for layering. I do wish I knew this ran big because I would have ordered a small instead.
You can tell this jacket is good quality!