Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
Lightweight refuge from the storm.
Built with the popular Tungsten design in mind, the Marmot Fortress 2P Tent is a more storm-hearty version of the old favorite. It has a full fabric canopy with a vent and additional guyline attachments, so you can batten down the hatches during strong wind and rain. The Fortress kept your favorite Tungsten features like the full-coverage fly, vertical walls, and color-coded clips and poles that make setting it up a cinch whether you're ten feet from your car or ten miles down the trail. Marmot shaved off a few ounces by making the foot end of the tent slightly narrower, leaving you with plenty of headspace without the burden of space you don’t need.
- Lightweight tent for backpacking in dismal weather
- Two-person capacity has plenty of room for your buddy or dog
- Full fabric canopy and fly seal out bad weather
- Guyline attachments let you secure the tent in wind
- Vertical walls for ample headspace
- Two vestibules keep your gear close and protected
- Item #MAR01AT
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I tried this tent out on a recent trip to Moab and was very impressed. For myself and my 40lb dog, we had plenty of space for a decent size sleeping pad and some gear. The tent pole structure makes it feel bigger than it is when your inside and it has plenty of storage pockets. For one person its great but if youre just car camping with two people, you may want to bump up to the Marmot limelight 3P tent.
Great desert tent
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This tent not only shines in the high alpine, it also does a wonderful job of keeping blowing sand out of the tent in the desert. Tons of interior room like most Marmot tents.