Featherless Component Jacket
Rock the Marmot Featherless Compnent jacket in any of the three ways to properly protect yourself from the elements. The MemBrain 2L laminated shell with fully taped seams protects you from rain and snow while the 3M Thinsulate Featherless Insulation Liner traps body heat to boost warmth even if it is wet. This liner can either be zipped into the shell for cold days skiing or worn by itself for a trip down town in the middle of winter—this jacket is ready for everything.
- Three in one jacket for maximum versatility and comfort
- MemBrain 2L laminate in shell is weather-resistant and breathable
- Fully taped seams keep pesky water from leaking through the shell
- 3M Thinsulate featherless liner traps heat even when wet
- Angel-Wing movement keeps you moving freely and easily
- Elastic drawcord at waist keeps our unwanted drafts
- Item #MAR01JR
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 180lbs
I researched all of the moderately priced 3 in 1 jackets and for my money this is the best, hands down when on sale. Versatile - can wear on weekends and to work, can go with the very usable (love the gray) insulating interior only or add the waterproof shell, great length, and black color has a little grayish tone in it so not as jet black as TNF and others. Again, more versatile. Very warm (compararable to 700 fill down, only 550 in TNF versions) and featherless avoids feathers poking through seams and better washability and wet weather performance. Medium is nicely fitted on my frame (6’, 180) but not too snug, and I prefer snug over too large. Only negatives - would prefer a few more pockets (only two lined hand pockets and 1 interior chest pocket in each of the layers), and would have preferred Gore Tex over Marmot’s proprietary waterproofing, but cost would have been higher. In sum, the best 3 in 1 for the buck. Buy without reservation!