Select a Size
Select a Color
If you're looking for a workhorse winter shell that can handle everything from deep days at your favorite resort to long and intensive backcountry missions, look no further than the Marmot Bariloche Jacket. Lightweight, waterproof, and breathable, the Bariloche is ready to travel up and down the mountain in search of powdery goodness. It's made using a three-layer Gore-Tex C-Knit membrane, which not only delivers the same durable waterproofing you've come to expect from Gore-Tex, but also uses a special backer technology to enhance breathability and stretch, so you'll have easier movement and a comfortable internal temperature during in-bounds bootpacks and skintrack climbs. And when you're moving quicker than normal and really putting the high breathability to the test, you can always dump heat and let in cooling airflow thanks to the zippered underarm vents.
The journey is always worth it when you finally find that powder stash you've been hunting for, so drop into your line and trust the internal powder skirt to keep snow from billowing up into your layers during waist deep turns. And if you wanna save weight on speedy ski tours and rely on the drawcord hem adjustments to keep snow out instead, you can zip off the powder skirt and leave it at home. A helmet-compatible hood helps batten down the hatches when it's dumping snow as you lap your go-to chairlift, while multiple zippered pockets ensure that essential gear, snacks, and maps stay close by and secure.
- High-performing shell for epic resort days and backcountry missions
- 3-layer Gore Tex offers high breathability and durable waterproofing
- C-Knit backer technology enhances stretch and boosts breathability
- Zippered underarm vents allow for cooling airflow on steep bootpacks
- Zip-off powder skirt keeps out snow on face-shot filled tree lines
- Helmet-compatible hood keeps you dry while you protect your noggin
- Water-resistant pocket zippers keep your gear secure and dry
- Adjustable cuffs and hem help you further seal out bad weather
- Item #MAR01UI
- [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex C-Knit (3-layer), [face fabric] 100% nylon
- fully sealed
- Center Back Length
- helmet-compatible, adjustable
- 2 zippered hand, 2 zippered chest, 1 zippered sleeve
- underarm zips
- Powder Skirt
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 3.8oz
- Recommended Use
- skiing, snowboarding, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
August 11, 2020
Overpriced rain jacket
- I returned this product before using it
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 165 lbs
I bought this jacket on sale from Backcountry and unfortunately couldn’t find any reviews anywhere before purchasing and now I know why. It was originally $600 and was purchased for $225 thinking it was a winter coat. It’s a thin rain jacket. Very misleading pictures and description from Marmot. I will be returning for a refund.