Jester 18 Pro Ski Binding
Built to be a hard charging binding for big mountain descents, the Marker Jester 18 Pro Ski Binding keeps boots locked in when carving turns through the steep and deep. Complete with an 8 to 18 DIN range, these bindings are aimed at expert level skiers who want to send big mountain lines and stomp landings off big cliffs.
Marker outfitted the Jester 18 Pro with magnesium parts and topped the toe piece off with it's own "roll bar" to push the binding to its absolute limit and take a beating to boot. The toe piece is engineered to enhance power transmission when riding through turns, and the fixed AFD gliding plate is adjustable to fit any type of alpine boot sole. The bindings are set at a 22mm height, keeping boots close to the ski to improve responsiveness when forced to make split second decisions of where exactly to huck that cliff.
- Charge the big proud lines in freestyle binding
- 8 to 18 DIN rating keeps boots locked in on aggressive descents
- Engineered toe piece enhances power transmission when needed most
- Fixed AFD is adjustable to fit any type of boot sole
- Inter-Pivot 2 heel redirects energy to reduce pre-releases on impact
- "Roll bar" and durable parts take a beating to push it to the limit
- 22mm stand height is super responsive for quick decision making
- Item #MRK003Y
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The last pair of Jesters I bought was a long time ago, but I'm glad that I made the switch back to these bad boys. When you take them out of the box, you can really see and feel the high quality of materials used for these Jester 18s. The next thing you may notice is their feather-light weight when compared to many other all metal, high-DIN bindings. The 22mm low stack height of the bindings keep you nice and low to the ski, ensuring quicker and more confident edge-to-edge transfers. Even down to the nifty "roll bar' to help you clean snow off the bottom of the boot, these bindings have a high attention to detail.
Stoked on this new generation of Jesters and I'm sure that it wont be my last pair!