Trovat Advanced High GTX Boot
- A technical boot for reaching the ascent comfortably
- Gore-Tex performance Comfort membrane is waterproof and breathable
- 3-zone lacing can be laced to your preference for a custom fit
- Motion Control contains a flexible inside to prevent twisting
- Memo Foam adds padding at the instep, shin, and ankle for comfort
- Feet Map technology reduces perspiration and pressure points
- Vibram MT-Traction sole provides premium grip on any surface
- Item #MAM00JC
What do you think about this product?
July 6, 2019
Really good boots !! Comfy and solid.
These boots dont need brake in period. Took them from the box and went through 5 days hike on Davils Path in Catskills. No blisters at all..Really stable on a rocky terrain .Spacious toe box and good ankle support. Good waterproofness ..can easy cross small streams and rivers...3 hrs rain is not a problem at all.A little hot in a summer .My lowa Catalan trekking boots cost mach more ..for this price these boots just perfect.If u have wide toe i recommend to go with half size bigger.I am wearing size 10 usually took them in size 10.5 and they fit perfectly.insole was a litte hard for me so i changed it to danner insole from my danner explorer 650 now they soft like a pillow.
May 23, 2019
Bulletproof boots. Run small.
A number of reviewers on this web site stated that these boots are true to size, and I only can attribute this to the fact that these reviews were written few years back and since then Mammut changed it’s sizing. These boots run SMALL. I suggest going to Mammut web site and use their sizing utility. It showed that with 70% probability I will need size 13 and 30% size 12.5. And most of my street shoes and boots are size 11.5 and I usually buy hiking footwear in size 12. I was skeptical, and ordered both 12.5 and 13. Sure enough, I ended up sending size 12.5 back. Lengthwise Size 13 was just about 1/8 “ longer, but had significantly more volume. The boots are beautifully made and feel bulletproof. I was going to Joshua Tree NP two days after the boots arrived, and I took them there for a test drive on a 6-mile hike in the high desert. The boots were absolutely rock solid on rocks and gravel. On the paved surfaces they felt like my ski boots, though. My feet had not a single sore spot after the hike. The toe box is just right for my feet that measure on the lower end of D width. The boots are quite warm, but I didn’t buy them to hike JT on a regular basis.
May 23, 2018
Excellent boot. Solid and comfortable.
Boot experience is largely personal, but I wanted to sing the praises of the Trovat. After some shorter hikes and backpacking trips, I did a 94 mile section of the Sheltowee Trace National Recreation Trail in TN and KY. Initially carrying 8 days of food, and after my wife had a foot injury necessitating my carrying much of our food over the duration, my total pack weight (including water) was in the 32-38 lbs. range. Daily distances ranged from 6 to 15 miles, and included numerous creek crossings and sections with mucked up and rocky horse trails. We had 5 days over 13 miles. I had no problems with my feet whatsoever, and the boots stayed waterproof (except for my foot sweat). I hiked with my Sole insoles for extra support (I don't use them on day hikes, but the extra arch support helps when carrying a load over the miles), and used mid-weight Darn Tough socks with polypro liners. No blisters, no injuries, no cursing my boots at the end of the day. In addition to the quality of construction, I think that the flexibility and soft padding around the achilles facilitated a more natural movement while still providing good support on more difficult terrain. By contrast, my wife hiked in her full-grain Zamberlains and was saddled with terrible blisters and an injury to her achilles because of the rigidity of her boots (which were already broken in on shorter trips). If you're carrying enough weight to necessitate a boot over a trail runner, or are hiking in colder weather, I definitely would recommend giving this boot a try. For size considerations, I have a moderately wide foot, and wear an 8.5 mens in most shoes, with my boots a size 9 to account for foot swelling on the trail. They fit well with thin or thick socks.
April 1, 2018
Well built and comfortable
I originally ordered a 10 1/2 which is my size, but had to return them and get 11’s. The boots themselves definitely run a little smaller. Once I got he right size, I love the boots. They are very well built and provide good support. The memory foam inside is also very comfortable. My foot doesn’t slip around either. I haven’t worn them on any hikes yet, but I’d imagine they do well. I have worn them in the snow. They are plenty warm and keep your foot nice and dry. All in all, I am very happy with the Voit quality and fit for the money. The Backcountry Customer Service was also world class during the returns process.
January 3, 2018
Ordered these boots online and since I ordered a size bigger than I usually do I wasn't worked about them feeling small. I've been trying to break these in ever since. They just doesn't fit my feet, which is strange because I've got quite regular feet. Even though I can't say I like this boot I have to say that it's a well made boot. It's waterproof, durable and even looks good.
December 22, 2016
Love these boots! Fit like a glove! I wear size 11 1/2d and these are true to size. They definitely mold to your feet, and I didn't have any trouble with slipping or blisters right out of the box. I wore them around the house for a couple hours, then hiked that weekend for 3 or 4 hours with no problems. I like my boots snug to begin with, because obviously they break in and I don't like slipping or side-to-side movement of the boot over the sole. These are very stable and supporting- one hike had a couple sections around corn fields, and these totally supported my ankles even when I'd accidentally step on the remaining stub of a stalk; didn't take long to not even worry about it anymore! I have higher boots that don't support that well! Will be great when I go back out west and can hike without rolling my ankles on rocks. These are beefy and should last a long time, but i can't wait to see what they look like beat-to-hell!
October 2, 2016
narrow toe box
had to return it, if you have issues with a narrow toe box, you may very well have issues with this boot. Other than that, it looked/felt like an extremely well made boot.
June 19, 2016
Summer 2016 Backpacking boot
I have flat feet that are right at the Wide measurement for width. Backcountry has been good to me as I purchase/return several pairs trying to get the right fit. I hike primarily in Idaho - McCall, Sawtooth, Boulder White Cloud ranges. We often see all 4 seasons daily on backpack trips so I needed a boot that can handle the 'adverse' factor for hiking. These boots have a roomy toe box, fit the width great, and have been durable for my first 2 lake backpack trips. This past weekend I logged over 7 miles and had several snowpack crossings - the GTX liner kept me dry despite the leather being saturated. I did wear gators to keep the water off the uppers (essential to dry feet in rainy weather). The heel cup locks in great and the tongue has the metal clip to provide upward pull in the lacing system (helps lock in the heel) I was able to wear this boot out of the box on a 4 mile hike without blisters due to the lacing system. I did replace the insole -can't speak for the comfort of that. Lacing system - allows for 2 locking points, one at lower ankle where I cinch once, then upward pull and lock at top of the ankle support - very good. The sole grips well on wet rock and in snow/mud didn't slip. Length - I measure out at exactly 10.5 inches. Purchase 10.5 and I have about 1/8th to 3/16ths of room at the front to help prevent blacktoe on descending slopes. Flexibility - this is a semi-rigid frame, and while my pack was only 47lbs I had great ankle support on uneven terrain, and my feet were not to sore (out of the box wear). Expect it to get better as I break in the boot. For the price this is a great buy. I didn't talk about durability because lets face it, for this price you could buy a pair every year and still be comparable to a boot like Kenetrek or Hanwag (what I'm used to wearing that cost upward of $450). I hope to get 2 seasons before repairs are necessary, at which point something new will pop up! Hope this helps, and I am open to answering questions about good gear. - Luke