Trion Spine 35L Backpack
A tricky alpine ascent requires a backpack to keep all your gear organized while also ensuring every piece of gear has a place. With the Trion Spine 35L Backpack from Mammut you can head into remote terrain knowing your pack has your back. Between the interior and exterior compartments headlamps, maps, food, and avalanche gear have their own space while the cavernous main compartment holds bulkier items like layers and first-aid kits.
If your route calls for bootpacking up an ice chute or across a rugged ridge, the reinforced ski carry on either side of the pack secures your sticks for a vertical or a-frame carry. And if you need to use your rope for safety, simply unbuckle it from the strap between the lid and the pack. Two-layer cushioning on the hip, shoulders, and back also help to create an additional layer of comfort whether you're at 1,000 or 10,000ft, while the dynamic back panel adapts to your spine's natural movements.
- Versatile backpack for shorter expeditions in the alpine
- Reinforced ski carry for bootpacking steep chutes
- Multiple interior and exterior pockets keep gear organized
- Active Spine Technology allows hips and shoulders to move freely
- Zipper pocket on shoulder strap keeps phone accessible
- Dual-layer foam padding on shoulders and hip add comfort
- Buckle strap fixes climbing rope between lid and pack
- Item #MAM01BH
- 100% nylon
- 35L (2136cu in)
- Active Spine Technology, padded
- Shoulder Straps
- 2-layer EVA
- Waist Belt
- 2-layer EVA
- Hydration Compatible
- top, front panel
- [external] 1 zippered hip, 1 zippered lid, 1 zippered shoulder, [internal] 1 large internal front panel, 1 zippered mesh
- Gear Loops
- 1 on hipbelt
- Ice Axe Carry
- Trekking Pole Carry
- lateral, double as ski carry
- 10.2in x 11.8in x 24in
- Claimed Weight
- 4lb 11.2oz
- all-mountain skiing, backcountry skiing, ice climbing, mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
3.5 based on 2 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
June 29, 2022
Great pack for light and heavy loads
- I've put it through the wringer
- 5' 11"
Love this pack. I have back and knee issues and this is my new favorite "orthopedic" pack. I use this instead of my osprey aether ag 60L for heavy loads. Very comfortable and the fancy suspension works well. 50lb loads feel so much better and really good at distribution of weight. Well designed with plenty of pockets and room for expanding via the top. The adjustable back is nice and helpful. Yes it makes some noise, so does my walking stick and occasionally my gear in the pack. Seriously not an issue imo.
May 24, 2020
heavy and noisy
- I've used it several times
Pretty unhappy with this pack. I don't have a scale but the listed weight of this pack seems way off. I was surprised by the weight of this pack un-loaded. Loaded up with a rope, alpine rack and gear for a day or overnight the heft is pretty noticeable. The pack does carry pretty well but the weight is very noticeable. The other weird thing is that the suspension system has a pivoting shoulder strap and now every step you take there is a super annoying squeak. This may be nit-picky but after a recent 45 min hike in to a remote crag it nearly drove me crazy. tried to lube it with wd40 but can't seem to fix it.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help