Trion Nordwand 15L Backpack
Designed with Mammut top alpine climbers, the Trion Nordwand 15L Backpack has the thoughtful features you need for fast and light mountaineering missions. Its carrying system was inspired by trail running vests to give you freedom of movement while you climb. Mesh pockets on the shoulder straps and a zippered side pocket make it easy for you to access your essentials while on the go, and attachment points secure your ice axes, trekking poles, and rope so you can bring along all the gear you need without having to get creative.
- Lightweight and versatile pack for alpine mountaineering missions
- Trail running inspired carry system ensures mobility for climbing
- Mesh pockets on shoulder straps offer easy access to your items
- Roll-top closure eliminates excess space for a more compact carry
- Side zipper on main compartment adds convenient on-the-go access
- Ice axe attachments and trekking pole carry secure your gear
- Rope attachment on the flap offers a comfortable rope carry
- Hydration compatible design keeps you hydrated through your climb
- Item #MAMU59A
- 100D Cordura nylon
- 15L (915cu in)
- Shoulder Straps
- adjustable, mesh
- Hydration Compatible
- [external] 2 large mesh shoulder strap, 1 zippered, [internal] 1 zippered
- Gear Loops
- Ice Axe Carry
- Trekking Pole Carry
- lateral straps
- 17 x 7 x 8.3in
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- hiking, mountaineering, trad climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
March 22, 2021
Running Vest + Climbing Pack = AWESOME!
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- 6` 2"
- 154 lbs
First, let me say I am a connoisseur of small packs. I am willing to adjust my packing to use a smaller pack. This one is the best small pack I have ever used. Mammut incorporated ideas from running vests and climbing packs to create an incredibly versatile, functional, and comfortable pack. With some creative packing strategies, I can strap a rope to the pack and get everything I need into it for a summer alpine climb. I can stuff it with food and an extra layer for those all-day trail runs. I can throw ski crampons, skins, food water, and a puffy it for fitness skimo laps at the resort. I can even get a probe and shovel in for spring ski tours. For such a small pack, it is packed with useful features. The pockets on the shoulder straps carry water food and phones easily and securely. It makes all those things so easy to access! The side pocket is great for small things you want to keep separate. The other side zipper gets into the main pack making it easy to get to anything in the main pack without unpacking the pack. It also has a secure key and wallet pocket on the inside. It carries like a running vest: secure and comfortable - even if you happen to be running that long alpine approach. I love this pack!