Taiss Tour Mid GTX Mountaineering Boot
- Lighter mountaineering boot built for maximized performance
- Gore-Tex gives rugged waterproofing and comfortable breathability
- Georganic upper optimizes fit while Contact Control gives mobility
- 2-zone lacing ensures a snug fit that doesn't hinder movement
- Vibram Ascension Litebase rubber sole with hybrid crampon compatibility
- Item #MAMU527
- Upper Material
- microfiber, softshell, mesh
- GORE-TEX Performance Comfort
- 2-zone lacing
- mountaineeringTech (board)
- PU wedge
- Vibram Ascension Litebase
- Crampon Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 6oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
April 26, 2021
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 8"
- 175 lbs
I always test new boots for waterproofness before I decide to keep them. I waded in our local creek with my dog today and they passed the waterproof test. I will add to this after some mountain terrain. I love how light they are. I love that there is no stitching to rub through in the crampon attachment areas. That is one of the most important aspects of a boot to me. I've ruined $300 + boots because the crampon straps rubbed through the stitching in one day. Bummer. I look for these areas now and I won't buy mountaineering boots that have stitching underneath where the crampons attach. These pass with flying colors. Oh yeah, it sort of has a gaiter and I love that the tongue only has one slit/gusset The other side is solid. It makes the tongue comfortable right out of the box. These also have a better warranty than boots costing 2x as much.
April 10, 2021
Would I need longer crampon center bars with this boot in a size 13?